Prologis Freight India Pvt Ltd (BSSPL) was established in 1984 as a stevedoring and port logistics service provider. BSSPL is in operation for 34 years and has grown into an end to end total logistics service provider including port Terminal operations.
BSSPL’s areas of operations with core expertise now lie in bulk Terminals on BOT basis, specialised in heavy material handling equipment deploy, operate and management basis on long term contract to Major Ports.
Over and has been actively servicing wide range of government, public and private sector enterprises who are cargo shippers and receiver.
BSSPL has high core expertise in port cargo handling operation covering a wide spectrum of cargoes including bulk, general cargoes, steel cargoes etc.
• Port Terminals :
o In order to mechanize and modernize coal handling operations in the port BSSPL has established an 8 Million MTPA Coal Handling System at Kakinada Deep Water Port. The system has capacity to unload vessels up to size of Panamax or higher, store and wagon load all in a mechanized process. The system is maintained and operated by a team of professional engineers and technicians having wide ranging experience in the Coal industry in mechanical operations.
o Hold a joint venture in Kakinada Container Terminal Pvt Ltd with PSA Singapore and Kakinada Seaports Group, Kakinada. Catering to the agriculture and seafood Hub of Eastern India.
• Harbour Mobile Cranes: Owners and Operators of 2nd largest fleet of 100 Tons Harbour Mobile Cranes in India. These cranes are currently deployed at Kakinada, Visakhapatnam, and Paradip & Haldia Ports.
• Riverine Floating Terminals: 2.5 MMTPA Floating Barge Unloading Terminal in Hooghly River on BOOST-first of its kind project in India situated at Haldia Port.
• Self-propelled Barge: Owners of 4500 DWT River sea Barge namely M.V. JAL NIDHI. It is being used at Haldia Port for ligterage of Cargo from Mother Vessel at Sagar.
• Equipment: BSSPL owns and operates high performance machinery during its Port logistics operations, it includes 2 Material Handler crane, 20 tippers, 22 loaders and 7 excavators.
• Godowns : BSSPL owns, operates and maintains over 46,000 m2 of warehousing for various commodities in Visakhapatnam and Kakinada Port areas.
• Performance: BSSPL has handled approximately 72 Million Tons of cargoes cumulatively since 2010. BSSPL primarily operates in Kakinada Deep Water Port, Visakhapatnam Port, Paradip Port Trust and Haldia Dock Complex. BSSPL have handled about 11.20 MMT of Cargoes during 2017-18 and about 704 no’s vessel handled during the same period.